Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Pak singers take it all

I am just listening to the songs of Kalyug and the striking voice of Atif has really captivated me. Song is "Aadat"-- for the first time I did nothing but listen to the song. This is 10th time I am listening to this song after the first time I heard it.
Its not the song, its not the music, Its all about the voice.

Later really impressed by the voice I googled to find Atif is a pakistani, So are Strings, So is Junoon, So is Ustad Fateh Ali Khan many more I guess. Boy this is a awesome list.
These are voices who have trancended the boudary purely on quality.

Every Indian is brought up to hate a pakistani, I just am the same. So I think these ppl must be given Indian citizenship so that I can adore them.
The best part of music,unlike sports, is that we can enjoy the talent.

But boy the talent pool in pakistan makes me jealous. Imagine what if there was no partition.

Olympic medals for Hockey, squash, Kabbadi(anyway if a part of)
US would have supported us, china would give its arms, Russia its space technology

Now instead of all this thinking I will get back and listen to the song again.
"Jiya Dhadak Dhadak" and "Tu mujme kahi baki hai" ---tooo mismerizing
Hats off Pakistan 4 this, balls otherwise.

6 comments:

Kiran said...

.....and how can you forget Nazia hassan and that haunting voice in "dil ke armaan"..

Anonymous said...

Hey dude,
I don't agree with
>>Every Indian is brought up to hate a pakistani, I just am the same. So I think these ppl must be given Indian citizenship so that I can adore them.<<

No one in India says that hate Pakistanis!!
The feeling you have may have been triggered by those terrorist activities all over by so called 'Pak-originated' groups, but then apart from those handful of people, I don't think there is any reason people will perpetuate hatred towards Pakistanis!!

Shantanu said...

Mr anonymous,

I have to agree here with you. But when I was writing the thought that came up was why did the partition ever take place.

Just imagine IF it had not taken place then we would have won atleast 3-4 cricket world cups , The Olympic Golds which we would have sweeped.

Many more things as I go on. But it all stops at "IF".

Murali said...

And how is it that u could forget Mr Ghulam Ali sir ?!? Amazing voice he has, just grab some of his ghazals if u havent listened to it already...

my email id is s.murally@gmail.com shantanu, add me as a contributor to puretechie....

Karan said...

or.. nusrat fateh ali khan

duude.. update..

Karan said...

oh.. u have mentioned him.. chorry

update anyway plz